Admin oder so... Avatar von Alpha

Thanks

Idee Test report and technical data Nokia 9210

Test report and technical data Nokia 9210

The flying office from Finnland - Nokia 9210

Nokia 9210

Pros of Nokia 9210: multi-functional, more than two in one

Cons of the Nokia 9210: weight

Nokia 9210 is more than a mobile; if I had it, I would refer to it as my mobile home. Unfortunately, I have only seen it at the CeBit so far. Nokia 9210 can save all data that is usually spread on one's desk and thus provides you with phone, fax, address book, contacts, encyclopedias, dictionairies, W@P and so much more, no matter where one is.

That's why Nokia 9210 looks so up-to-date, too, compared to its mobile colleagues. Nokia 9210 is multi-functional. Use it horizontal as a small notebook or vertical as a multi-media phone master. The possibility of interactive communication is one of Nokia 9210's highlights. But will 14 MB really make one's PC dispensable? We'll see.

Nokia 9210 is a Dual Band device, meaning it runs on GMS 900 and 1800. The operating system of Nokia 9210 is based on a 32-bit ARM9 RISC Server (Symbian OS).

Then, Nokia 9210 is connected to an extra power station, the so called HSCSD. Nokia 9210's memory slot works via a MultiMedia-card. One can connect one's Nokia 9210 to the rest of the world either via IrDA or via Ir-TtanP or simply via an adapter cable. Also, e-mails can be sent and received anywhere via POP3, IMAP4 or SMTP (SSL,TLS). Furthermore, videos can be sent in a certein format. A conversion program to AVI is included on the CD-ROM which is coming with Nokia 9210.

Ease of use of Nokia 9210 ?

It must be difficult to build an entire keyboard into such a small space like Nokia 9210 offers and although Nokia does it well, it is a squeeze.

Maybe therefore typing is difficult with the Nokia 9210 keypad as is browsing and any function. You do get used to the wonderful features of the Nokia 9210, but it is still fiddly.

The keyboard and menu navigation of Nokia 9210 are user friendly. It's easy to find your way through Nokia 9210, especially if you ever had another Nokia phone before.

A flaw compared to competiting mobiles is Nokia 9210's reception quality, but then there are nice extras, too: The communicator of Nokia 9210 can also be used as an audio recorder. So, the recording of phone calls is possible, for instance.

The doubled battery power of Nokia 9210 guarantees communication around the clock. The high-sufficient BLL3 battery is suppoerted by a Li-Ion battery (1300mAh).

If one will purchase all extras available for Nokia 9210, one will have unlimited communication possibilities, due to Nokia 9210's Windows-compatibility.

Those, who want a mobile for the mere purpose of making phone calls, might complain about Nokia 9210's weight. Its dimensions of 158 x 56 x 27 mm are quite o.k. for such a multi-functional device, but 244 g are not worth carrying around unless one uses every single gram of its features. Still, Nokia 9210 is lighter than a laptop...

Anyway, Nokia 9210 is a good choice - although it might turn out to be no secure one. Such a new phone might bear some bugs that we don't know about at this point in time. So much technical features on so little room make me sceptical...

Test-review:

Technical features: +++

Reception quality: +++

Ease of use: ++

Battery stand-by time: ++++

Design: ++++

Instruction manual: +++

Value for money: +++

Overall rating: +++/++++

++++/excellent, +++/good, ++/satisfactory, +/poor

All texts, pictures and other data © 2003, Universal Boards GmbH & Co KG.

Multiplication or replication for personal use or distribution

without the agreement of Universal Boards GmbH & Co KG. is prohibited by law.

Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    You made my Day Alpha

Zukünftiger Meister der Fußballbundesliga-Tipprunde 2013/2014

Thanks

Technical data Nokia 9210

You made my Day Alpha

Thanks

Interesting and helpful links

Logos and ringtones:

www.latest-mobile-phone-ringtones.co.uk
    www.tonetribe.com
    www.ringtonefever.com

Cheats:

www.gameskanker.com (Game cheats)
    simlock.us

News and info:

www.mobileguru.co.uk
    www.reviewcentre.co.uk
    www.phonescoop.com

(If you find any broken links please let us know. Contact: sandra@mariodolzer.de)
    You made my Day Alpha

Thema geschlossen